Monday, September 10, 2012

Promoting Your Android App Part 1

Today I want to talk a little about promoting your Android app in general. I will also provide links to many valuable resources for promoting your apps. There are loads of ways to promote your app. One way I have talked about previously is to submit your app to alternative markets (markets other than Google Play). I posted a massive list I have accumulated while searching for alternative forms of distribution. The list can be found in the original post,  which is available here: http://anddev.blogspot.com/2012/09/big-list-of-app-markets.html. Another form of promotion is to submit your app to forums. I have also written a previous post about that, as well as distributing through fileshares, torrents, etc. However, there are some other ways I haven't discussed. Some of them being very important to promoting your app. One of the most important ways to promote your app that every developer should definitely have, at least one of, is a website. Having a website helps promote your app, helps users find to your app and information about all of your apps, and helps increase SEO of your app on the web (and by SEO I, of course, mean search engine optimization). Also, if you have a website, you can promote the website, which in turn, promotes your app(s). One the absolute BEST ways to promote your website is through StumbleUpon and also their su.pr shortlink service. Another one, that will also help with SEO, is to submit your site to Digg and Reddit. There is one more great way to promote your app that I'd like to talk about before I give you the list of sites to help with your promotion, and that is, through a blog. Having a blog can, easily, be one of the greatest ways you can promote your app for free. If you want to see an example check out our "Poke My Gummy Blog", a blog based off our simplest game on which we now post information about all of our gummy games.

Promote Your App/Site


more to come....






5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you. I really appreciate the feedback. Unfortunately, I haven't been working on these things for over a year and am unsure if I want to get back into it or not.

    ReplyDelete

We are here, voluntarily, to make Android development a more achievable goal for all who perspire to become a real developer. If you have any questions or comments please feel free to e-mail me at brandonlnelson15@gmail.com. If I don't respond within a couple days, try again. I have a lot going on in my life right now and sometimes can't control nearly as much as I'd like to. Happy New Year Everyone!