Saturday, September 8, 2012

Promoting Free Apps

As many of you may know, promoting your apps can, easily, be the most difficult part of success in the app industry. There are many ways to promote your app. I'd like to talk about one of those ways and give all of you some links to help you with the process. What am I talking about? Forums. Promoting your app in forums can drive just as many downloads as some of the markets themselves! And, even if it doesn't drive a huge number of downloads, it will DEFINITELY get you a whopping number of views. Views are also very valuable, in case you didn't realize. The amount of views you get determines the amount of people that KNOW OF your app. Of course, it is only common sense that the more people who know your app exists, the more downloads you will, probably, get (unless you have a really shitty app). Seriously though, come on... who has an app that bad? Almost all apps get downloads, unless they are REALLY bad or unless they utilize not well-known tools/etc. For instance: I have an app called 'Folding Stats' which checks your statistics for Folding@Home. There are a few people who find it useful (although it needs an update), but most people don't even know what Folding@Home is, therefore it doesn't get all that many downloads. In this case, it doesn't really matter that it's not getting many downloads since I just made it for a school project last year anyway. Not to mention it only supports Android OS 3.1+ which is pretty high compared to the devices I usually support but it's not an app for phones and no tablets were made before Android 3.1 (that I know of anyway).

So, getting to the point, here is my list of forums that allow you to promote FREE android apps. Some of them allow you to promote paid ones too, but beware, you could easily get banned if they do not allow paid promotion and you post a paid app. Anyway, I've done all the work for you guys and weeded out the ones that ban you for advertising you app, period (including free apps).

Android Forums Big List

I guess that's it... holy s#!t, I guess I've got banned from a bunch of forums. I don't know why, but oh well... f*** it. You should be able to promote in more forums, apparently I just don't know what I'm doing or something. You can find many more Android forums on Google.






2 comments:

  1. This is really informative and interesting, Its full of information.Thanks for sharing with us...





    app development companies

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some of them allow you to promote paid ones too, but beware, you could easily get banned if they do not allow paid promotion and you post a paid app.

    short stories for children

    ReplyDelete

We are here, voluntarily, to make Android development a more achievable goal for all who perspire to become a real developer. If you have any questions or comments please feel free to e-mail me at brandonlnelson15@gmail.com. If I don't respond within a couple days, try again. I have a lot going on in my life right now and sometimes can't control nearly as much as I'd like to. Happy New Year Everyone!